MCHC’s record of success would not have been achieved without the time, talent, and support of our wonderful volunteers. Our volunteers show us that caring community members have the power to improve the lives of Chester County children and their families. For National Volunteer Week, April 23-29 we are looking for up to 6 volunteers to work for 15 hours.
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Here are some ideas:
- Organize a Drive Among Your Colleagues, Congregants, or Friends:Infant care items like diapers, wipes, and bottles are an ongoing necessity, as every Healthy Start mom is given a baby bundle filled with these items. Working together to collect these essentials is a heartwarming way to welcome new babies into our community. Register your drive today!
- Go Behind the Scenes:A lot of care and preparation goes into assembling a mailing to our supporters, infant care items for each new mom, or a backpack for a new kindergartner. Help with these efforts is always appreciated. Clerical work at our offices is also valuable to our busy staff. Both groups and individuals are welcome as volunteers. Join us this summer as we plan our annual Back to School Book bag drive.
- Join Us at Events:Healthy Start and the Kennett Square Family Center hold family events such as Dental Fairs, Holiday Parties, or Safety Events for participants throughout the year. Join us this summer as we plan for our Kindergarten Transition Program through our Kennett Square Family Center.
- Be part of a special night by volunteering and see MCHC in action!
- Introduce Us to Your Friends:We enjoy meeting new faces in the county! If you are a member of or know a particular church, mom’s group, school, service club, or any group that may want to know more about us, let us know. We would love to meet them and tell them about our important work. We would also love the introduction to your Facebook friends! Become a fan of MCHC on Facebook and encourage your friends to do so, too, to keep up with MCHC, our latest news, and volunteer opportunities.
To learn about other ways to get involved, contact our main office, 610-344-5279.